On the 4th of February, 2017 – CJD Equipment is turning 43! To celebrate more than four decades in the Australian construction equipment and transport industries, we want to take some time to review our company’s history and congratulate ourselves on our achievements.
Founded in 1974, we’ve become one of Australia’s leading distributors of performance equipment and trucks. In this time, we have built long-standing relationships with the industry’s best brands and we have established a strong network of reputable dealers to ensure that we continue being the best we can be, today, tomorrow and well into the future.
Over the past 43 years we’ve worked hard to form quality relationships, and we would like to take a moment to thank all the brands, partners and staff who have helped make our company into the business that we all know and love.
We only work with the best in the business, including a host of world-class brands that only supply reputable, high-performance products. Some of the brands we’re pleased to have partnered with include Volvo, SDLG, Kenworth and DAF.
With a team of 500 staff Australia-wide, we’re lucky enough to spend each and every day surrounded by a group of highly skilled individuals who are all experts at what they do. If that wasn’t enough, we’ve also paired up with international manufacturers who work to uphold our quality standards.
Since our inception 43 years ago, CJD Equipment’s name has been synonymous with success, which is why we’re pleased to share our timeline of milestones with you.
- 1974: Our company was founded by Ron Rafferty and Rob Jowett.
- 1975: We were appointed the white truck dealer in Western Australia.
- 1984: Kenworth made us their dealer in Western Australia.
- 1992: We became the Western Australian Volvo Construction Equipment dealer.
- 1999: In a busy year, we were appointed the DAF dealer in Western Australia, Volvo truck dealer in Tasmania and the Volvo construction dealer in Queensland, Tasmania, and Victoria.
- 2000: We were appointed the Volvo construction equipment dealer in New South Wales and the Mitsubishi Fuso Truck dealer in Tasmania.
- 2001: Volvo made us their national dealer distributor for construction equipment.
- 2008: We were appointed the Kenworth and DAF dealer in Tasmania.
- 2009: CJD Equipment’s national headquarters in Western Australia was established.
- 2010: We were appointed the national distributor for SDLG.
- 2017: We celebrated our 43rd birthday!
Our Promise to You 43 Years On
CJD Equipment is committed to delivering high-quality equipment with first-class service. Our entire team is dedicated to upholding the company values of honesty, integrity and trust, which we will continue doing for the next 43 years.
We always endeavour to create a sense of community, which includes our customers, suppliers and staff, to ensure our company is grounded in a positive, hard working environment.
After 43 years of supplying quality trucks and construction equipment Australia-wide, we’re big enough to trust, but still small enough to care. We’ve gone to great lengths to ensure our reputation is built on the best products, and backed by world-class service and support, which is why we’re looking forward to many more years of servicing the Australian truck and construction industry.