Assistant Parts Manager – Forrestfield WA
Rare opportunity has become available to join CJD Equipment as our Assistant Parts Manager. Reap the rewards of being part of our leadership team.
Are you ready to take the next step in your career?
An exciting and challenging opportunity has become available for an ASSISTANT PARTS MANAGER at CJD TRUCKS, located in Forrestfield WA. Reporting to the Parts Manager, you will be tasked with achieving optimum parts sales through the effective use of the company’s assets and human resources.
You will be heavily involved in the day to day operations of the parts business ensuring that all activities are contributing to growing the business by both improvement of current performance and driving exceptional service. This role is overseeing the operational side of the department, whilst you will develop, lead and mentor the Parts team through successful sales and delivering service and support to both internal and external customers you will also provide support to the Parts Manager in strategic planning and implementing future long-term profit objectives.
This position has ownership for achieving parts sales and is critical in building and maintaining strong relationships with current and future clients.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Develop and implement work programs and initiatives to facilitate the achievement of profit targets.
• Maintain regular contact with key clients, suppliers and other internal stakeholders.
• Must be a strong influencer, capable of changing people’s habits, leading by example, mentoring and developing your team, communicating job expectations, counselling, and disciplining employees (when required) and ensuring employee training is up to date confirming compliance with company policies and legislative requirements.
• Assist with the development of parts related sales opportunities through research and marketing in consultation with the Parts Manager.
• A clear understanding of OHS legislation, Hazard ID’s, incident reporting and follow up.
Due to the technical and operational requirements of this role, we expect that the successful candidate will have a trade in or strong mechanical aptitude along with relevant experience within the construction equipment industries. Other key attributes will include:
• Past success in a Parts Interpreter’s role with approx. 2+ years of experience in a similar role.
• Approachable – people developer
• Proven performance in driving the growth of sales and profit.
• Excellent communication and relationship building skills.
• An eye for detail and loyalty to continuous improvement.
• Current driver’s license and the ability to meet the physical requirements of the position.
If you believe that you have the relevant skills and experience to meet the challenge then please submit a covering letter and current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org