General Manager – CJD Truck WA
An exceptional opportunity has become available within the CJD business for a General Manager of its Truck division throughout Western Australia. Representing world class brands and the heavy-duty market leader in Kenworth trucks, DAF trucks and PacLease from Paccar, you will be responsible for the profitable development and growth of the overall truck business including customer satisfaction, employee engagement, brand awareness, market share growth and implementation of the business strategy.
Founded in 1974, CJD Equipment is a privately-owned Australian company whose core business involves the National Distribution of construction equipment and trucks. Our network of twenty branches stretches across the
nation, from Australian capital cities to regional country towns and mining centres. CJD Equipment currently employs over 500 staff Australia-wide and has an estimated turnover of over $500 million dollars in the past financial year.
This position has total ownership for the various functions of CJD Trucks including Service, Parts, Sales, Administration, Maintenance, OHS, and Compliance. You will work in conjunction with the management team of these departments to successfully manage and grow business within Western Australia. In addition, you will also be required to provide leadership to all regional branches within the state to ensure promotion and support of the CJD, Kenworth and DAF brands.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain regular contact with key clients, suppliers, industry & government representatives and other internal stakeholders.
- Coaching and mentoring with direct reports and ensure regular contact is made regarding business developments and performance.
- Establish the marketing plans, key client strategies, and sales forecasts, and undertake market share analysis to ensure achievement of budgeted profit targets and customer satisfaction indexes
- Manage business forecasts and responsibility for the financial success of the business.
- Ensure compliance to company policy and legislative requirements at all times and enforce safe working practices.
Due to the requirements of this role, we would like the successful candidate to have previous experience in managing a large business with preference given to candidates with experience around the transport and related industries. Other key attributes will include:
- A strong business acumen across all aspects of business
- Proven leadership and sales skills
- An understanding of a dealership environment including, sales, parts and service functions.
- Good understanding of financial reporting principles.
- An effective listening and communication style along with the ability to engage people at all levels.
- Strong organisational skills and a high attention to detail.
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic and punctual, with excellent time management skills.
If you believe that you have the relevant skills and experience to meet the challenge then please submit a covering letter and current resume to the National HR Manager firstname.lastname@example.org . Applications will close on 26th February 2021.
For a confidential enquiry please call Alan Barnett, Managing Director on 0417 910 320.