General Manager – New South Wales
Key executive role requiring a high achieving and energetic leader
Strategic and operational responsibilities
Safety and quality focused
About the Employer
Founded in 1974, CJD Equipment is a privately-owned Australian company. Our core business involves the National distribution of construction equipment and trucks. Our network of dealer and service centres stretches across the nation, from Australian Capital cities to regional country towns and mining centres. The CJD product portfolio consists of work-class brands such as Volvo Construction Equipment, SDLG Construction Equipment, Kenworth and DAF Trucks.
About the Role
An exciting and rare opportunity has arisen to shape the future of CJD Equipment in New South Wales. Responsible for the distribution of world class Volvo Construction Equipment, we are seeking a passionate and committed General Manager who will lead the sales and after sales teams in providing our customers world class products and superior after-market support. As industry leaders, this role commands a commercial, down to earth individual with a proven track record in achieving the optimum delivery of sales and aftermarket parts, service levels, budgeted profit targets and instilling the company’s core values. A key component will be providing leadership to the State, promote a positive culture and high levels of staff engagement. Uphold the safe work environment and an appropriate business and client focus within the State will be another core focus.
This position has total ownership for the various functions of CJD Equipment NSW including Service, Parts, Sales, Administration, Maintenance, OHS, and Compliance. You will guide and work with the departmental management teams successfully manage and grow business within New South Wales.
Key roles and responsibilities
- Manage business forecasts, budgets, and reports on aspects of profitability, capital expenditure and operational performance.
- Establish the marketing plans, key client strategies, and sales forecasts, and undertake market share analysis to ensure achievement of budgeted profit targets
- Oversee Department Managers operational initiatives to ensure the business activities are contributing to the achievement of short-and long-term profit objectives.
- Prepare quarterly reviews of market conditions and reforecast sales and market share if applicable.
- Review, authorise, and report on major quotes and submissions within NSW.
- Ensure compliance to company policy and legislative requirements at all times.
- Maintain regular contact with key clients, suppliers, industry & government representatives and other internal stakeholders.
- Undertake on the job coaching and mentoring with direct reports and ensure regular contact is made regarding business developments and performance.
- Oversee and enforce safe working practices.
The person we seek
Key attributes of the successful candidate will include:
- Tertiary or business-related qualifications are desirable but not essential along with thorough knowledge of the heavy equipment industry.
- Leadership skills in a specialized sales environment and excellent business and financial acumen.
- A good working knowledge of equipment operations, mechanical functions, parts operations.
- A working knowledge equipment specifications and industrial engineering principles.
- Good understanding of financial reporting principles.
- Proven ability to lead, motivate and develop others and work in a team environment
- Strong organisational skills and a high attention to detail.
- Self-motivated and punctual, with excellent time management skills
If you believe that you have the relevant skills and experience to meet the challenge, then please submit a covering letter and current resume to email@example.com.
For a confidential enquiry please call Brad Fowler – Director Operations on 0418 953 046