General Manager – Tasmania
Reporting to the Director of Operations, the General Manager is responsible for the development and implementation of the business strategy and the coordination of programs and initiatives for the State.
You will work closely with the executive team to achieve the optimum delivery of sales and aftermarket parts, service levels, and budgeted profit targets. A key component will be providing leadership to the State, promote a positive culture and high levels of staff engagement. Development of a safe work environment and an appropriate business and client focus within the State will be another core focus.
This position has total ownership for the various functions of the State including Service, Parts, Sales, Administration, Maintenance, OHS, and Compliance. You will work in conjunction with the management figures of these departments to successfully manage and grow business within Tasmania.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Establish the marketing plans, key client strategies, and sales forecasts, and undertake market share analysis to ensure achievement of budgeted profit targets
- Review, authorise, and report on major quotes and submissions within Tasmania.
- Develop measures of the use of capital in the business and the key measures to support the development of equipment.
- Oversee Branch and Department Managers operational initiatives to ensure the business activities are contributing to the achievement of short and long term profit objectives.
- Prepare quarterly reviews of market conditions and re-forecast sales and market share if applicable.
- Manage business forecasts, budgets, and reports on aspects of profitability, capital expenditure, and operational performance.
- Ensure compliance with company policy and legislative requirements at all times.
- Maintain regular contact with key clients, suppliers, industry & government representatives and other internal stakeholders.
- Undertake on the job coaching and mentoring with direct reports and ensure regular contact is made regarding business developments and performance.
- Oversee and enforce safe working practices.
Due to the technical and operational requirements of this role, we expect that the successful candidate will have a trade based background along with experience within the trucking and transportation industry. Other key attributes will include:
- Tertiary or business related qualifications are desirable but not essential along with thorough knowledge of the heavy equipment industry.
- Leadership skills in a specialized sales environment and excellent business and financial acumen.
- A good working knowledge of equipment operations, mechanical functions, parts operations.
- A working knowledge equipment specifications and industrial engineering principles.
- Good understanding of financial reporting principles.
- An effective listening and communication style along with the ability to engage people at all levels.
- Strong organisational skills and a high attention to detail.
- Self-motivated and punctual, with excellent time management skills.
If this role matches your skills, experience, and ambition, please follow the link to apply.