HD Mechanic – Port Hedland WA
CJD are seeking experienced and talented HV Mechanics to join the dedicated team based at our Port Hedland branch.
About the role
This Workshop Mechanic role will be based in our busy Port Hedland workshop. Working with Kenworth and DAF Trucks, you will be exposed to our extensive product range and valued customers. Repairing everything between Bull-bar to Taillights, your work will be varied and exciting.
Key Responsibilities –
- Servicing/Repair of Kenworth and DAF Trucks
- Diagnose, fault find and repair our customers’ assets
- Conduct mechanical and electrical diagnostics
- Perform preventative maintenance
- Complete all CJD and customer paperwork
- An active team player with a drive to succeed
- Excellent safety focus with compliance to CJD policies and procedures
As a Heavy Duty Diesel Mechanic, the key to your success in this role will be your excellent communication skills and ability to work autonomously, and in a team, backed by your passion for all things mechanical and knowledge of truck systems and repairs. You will also possess –
- Heavy Vehicle Diesel Motor Mechanic trade qualifications, ideally with 2 to 3 years of experience
- Experience carrying out electrical diagnostics and repairs on different product types with minimal supervision
- Relevant experience working on on-highway trucks and trailers.
- Intermediate computer skills
- Willingness to work shifts if required
- A friendly approach to your work, developing good relationships with our customers and your team.
- Be a natural at solving problems
- A HR drivers licence / Aircon ticket held in high regard.
What’s In it for you?
- Permanent full-time role with regular hours, competitive rates & job security
- The opportunity for extra $$$ operating in our breakdown service
- A modern, well-appointed and clean workshop
- Weekends and nights at home or Fifo opportunity
- Overalls supplied.
- Ongoing training and development
If this role matches your skills, experience and ambition, please submit your expression of interest by clicking on the Seek ad