Heavy Diesel Mechanic – Alice Springs NT
CJD are seeking good, reliable and hardworking Heavy Vehicle Mechanic’s who don’t mind putting in a good day’s work! Are you who were looking for?
About the Employer
Founded in 1974, CJD Equipment is a privately-owned Australian company. Our core business involves the National distribution of construction equipment and trucks. Our network of dealers and service centres stretches across the nation, from Australian capital cities to regional country towns and mining centres. In WA, the CJD product portfolio consists of world-class brands such as Volvo Construction Equipment, SDLG Construction Equipment, Kenworth & DAF Trucks.
About the role
We are looking for good, reliable and hardworking residential Heavy Vehicle Mechanic’s. Those who don’t mind putting in a good day’s work for a good day’s pay! Those who like to do the job right the first time, can follow instructions and enjoys mentoring our developing apprentices. Excellent customer’s service is a must, our goal is to provide ‘service excellence’ to all our new and existing customers.
The person we seek
We’re a team of dedicated technicians and our workshop is busy, so there is plenty of work to do. All you need to bring is your basic tools, a ‘can-do attitude’ and a good sense of humour for when times get a little hectic and we will provide the rest. We’ve got our work cut out and we are looking for the right team of mechanics who are interested in helping us get there!
Key roles and responsibilities include:
- Perform routine maintenance on trucks, such as checking batteries, changing oil to ensure proper vehicle running
- Inspect various parts of trucks, including brake systems, wheel bearings and steering mechanisms to ensure they are in the proper condition to operate effectively
- Diagnose malfunctions in defective equipment by inspecting and testing using computerised diagnostic systems
- Test drive vehicles to ensure they are running properly and to find issues to determine what the solution will be
- Ensure effective health, safety, risk and compliance guidelines are followed
The person must have:
- Australian recognised Heavy-Duty Trade Certificate
- Significant experience performing maintenance, service, repairs and rebuilds of heavy vehicles such as Kenworth, DAF, Isuzu and Fuso
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills with a solution focus
- Good computer skills
What’s on offer?
- Alice Spring residential role
- Permanent, full time employment
- Excellent remuneration
- All site inductions, Cummins and systems training will be provided to ensure your safety at all times.
- Relocation assistance available
How to apply
Please apply via the SEEK system by clicking here box and attach you CV / Cover letter.
Interstate applicants are encouraged to apply as relocation assistance is on offer for the successful candidate.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: FRIDAY 17th JULY 2020