Heavy Duty Diesel Mechanic – Burnie TAS
Are you a Heavy-Duty Diesel Mechanic looking for a fresh start?
Is it your passion to work on world-class brands such as Kenworth & DAF Trucks, Volvo Construction Equipment and SDLG Construction Equipment?
Do you want to be a part of an Industry leading workshop, equipped with specialty tooling and diagnostic equipment so you will be at the front of the pack with new technologies and engaging on latest products?
Then CJD Equipment – Burnie has an opportunity for you. We are on the lookout for a Heavy-Duty Diesel Mechanic to be part of a dynamic, growing and forward thinking team.
The person we seek
You will be confident, committed, and driven to provide your best work each repair, every repair. You fit in well with a progressive team and have the ability to listen to others as well as share your knowledge and ideas. You can also work autonomously when required, are computer literate, and have flexibility in your working hours. Punctuality and drive for Customer excellence is a must.
Key roles and responsibilities include:
- Perform maintenance & warranty repairs on Trucks, following OEM, supplier, and customer checklists and troubleshooting guidelines
- Diagnose, fault find and repair our customers assets using the latest diagnostic equipment and tooling
- Check your work to make sure it is completed to the manufacturers requirement
- Complete all documentation and reports to validate your repairs and service work
- Train, support and guide our apprentices in all aspects of the trade
- Comply to OH&S and company policies, holding safety of yourself and others to the highest standards
The person must have:
- Australian recognised Heavy Vehicle Diesel Motor mechanic trade certificate
- Experience performing maintenance, service, repairs, and rebuilds of heavy vehicles such as Kenworth & DAF
- Experience carrying our electrical diagnostics and repairs (desirable)
- Intermediate computer skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a solution focus
- A HR drivers licence / Aircon ticket held in high regards
What’s on offer?
- Permanent, full time employment
- Excellent remuneration
- Ongoing training and development opportunities
- Overalls supplied
If this sounds like your next opportunity, please forward your resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org