Heavy Vehicle Mechanic – Forrestfield WA
We are seeking experienced and talented HV Mechanics to join our dedicated team of Service professionals.
An exciting opportunity has arisen within CJD Trucks for experienced and talented HV Mechanics to join the dedicated team based in our state-of-the-art facilities in Forrestfield.
About the role
Reporting to the Shift team leader, this Workshop Mechanic role will be based in our busy Forrestfield workshop. Working with Kenworth and DAF Trucks, you will be exposed to our extensive product range and valued customers. Repairing everything between Bull-bar to Tail lights, your work will be varied and exciting.
- Excellent safety focus with compliance to CJD policies and procedures
- Servicing/Repair of Kenworth and DAF Trucks
- Diagnose, fault find and repair our customers assets
- Conduct mechanical and electrical diagnostics
- Perform preventative maintenance
- Complete all CJD and customer paperwork
- Participate in skills and product training
- An active team player with a drive to succeed
- Maintain our core values, Enthusiasm, Respect, Urgency, Accountability, Passion and Excellence.
As a Heavy Duty Diesel Mechanic, key to your success in this role will be your excellent communication skills and ability to work autonomously, also within the team backed by your passion for all things mechanical and knowledge of Truck systems and repairs. You will also possess:
- Heavy Vehicle Diesel Motor Mechanic trade qualifications
- Ideally have 2 to 3 years of experience as a Mechanic but 1-year post apprenticeship is also welcomed
- Experience carrying out electrical diagnostics and repairs on different product types with minimal supervision
- Relevant experience working on on-highway trucks and trailers.
- Intermediate computer skills
- Willingness to work afternoon shift and Saturday’s work as required
- A friendly approach to your work, developing good relationships with our customers and your team
- Be a natural at solving problems
- A HR drivers license / Aircon ticket held in high regard.
What’s In it for you
- A competitive base hourly rate plus 20% loading for afternoon shifts and full penalty rates for all shifts.
- The opportunity for extra $$$ operating in our breakdown service
- A modern, well appointed and clean workshop
- Regular opportunity for OEM and partnership product training throughout the year
How to apply
Your opportunity to set yourself for success starts right here! Submit your application today by sending your resume by clicking here!