HR & Payroll Administrator – Guildford WA
An opportunity has become available for a HR/Payroll Administrator within CJD Equipment a National Australian owned company for over 46 years.
CJD are seeking a HR & Payroll Administrator who will be accountable for providing support to the HR Manager and Payroll Supervisor on a daily basis in all general human resource / payroll associated activities, including the weekly pay run.
Specific areas of responsibility include:
- Completion of a variety of payroll functions to ensure accurate and timely employee salary payments e.g. data entry, reporting and maintenance of personnel files
- Provide support to the Payroll Supervisor to assist in achieving all duties and reporting
- Preparation of employment documentation including drafting contracts and contract variations, new starter packs, induction paperwork,
- Serving internal and external customers, including answering employee queries in a timely manner
- Coordinating and follow up of employment paperwork for new employees, including induction
- Providing support with the administration of CJD’s recruitment process (drafting advertising using a variety of website, screening applications, reference checks, job descriptions)
- Assist with the reviewing / up dating of company HR policies and procedures as required
- Ensuring filing is maintained, archiving of HR files and HR correspondence is distributed
- Willingness to do the tedious tasks plus the interesting tasks
- Support and demonstrate safe work practices at all times
- Understanding of Workers Compensation and RTW coordination.
Qualifications & Experience
- Payroll experience using SAGE MicroPay or similar payroll system (end to end)
- Tertiary HRM qualifications (or part thereof)
- Customer service focus and have excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills.
- Experience in interpreting and applying Modern Awards in regards to payroll rules and processing
- Previous experience in Payroll, HR, Recruitment or similar role.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a high attention to detail
- High level of confidentiality and discretion when dealing with people and confidential information
- Demonstrated organisational and time management skills. Able to work to strict timelines
- Ability to work collaboratively and assist team members
- Advanced computer literacy, must be proficient in Microsoft Office packages
- Accurate numerical and data entry skills
What’s on offer
You’ll be offered a Monday to Friday role working a 38-hour week in our National Office in South Guildford. You will join a close nit team with ongoing training as this is a broad entry level role with the scope to develop and take on more responsibility over a period of time.
How to apply
If this position is of interest to you please forward an up to date resume and Cover letter advising us why this position is suitable to you by clicking here.