Leading Hand – Melbourne VIC
CJD Equipment is seeking to employ an experienced Workshop Leading hand to join our Melbourne team. Working with internationally known and respected equipment, this role is pivotal in ensuring service to our new and existing clients continues to improve and develop.
A key requirement of this busy workshop is maintaining exceptional standards of safety, quality, and customer service at all times. Your mechanical expertise will help you understand customer requirements when it comes to the diagnosing, servicing and repairing of equipment to ensure customer expectations are met. Strong leadership and exceptional people management skills including assisting and supporting your team in solving technical and operational problems.
Main duties and responsibilities include:
- Completing all services and repairs to a high standard in a professional and timely manner
- Ensuring all work areas are maintained in a clean and safe condition
- Preordering of Parts and materials to perform assigned services whenever possible
- Oversee the carrying out of diagnosis and troubleshooting procedures relating to all mechanical tasks
- Support and provide technical knowledge and guidance to Apprentices and Technicians
- Ensure all employees submit record keeping and job-related documentation daily
- Any parts and materials not used are returned as per established procedures
- All specialty tools used are obtained from and returned to the tool store
- Ensure damaged tools are tagged and the service supervisor is advised
- Maintain personal appearance in a neat and professional condition
- Support and assist the workshop supervisor as required
What you’ll need to succeed:
- An appropriate trade qualification
- A proven track record in a similar role / environment
- Computer literate
- Good communications (written and verbal)
- A team player with the ability to work well under pressure
- Current motor vehicle licence
In return, we can offer the successful applicant a competitive remuneration package working for a company that is continually growing and offering exciting career advancement opportunities to its employees.
Interested applicants are invited to submit their expression of interest and resume by using the link below via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.