Leading Hand (Retail) – Sydney NSW
An opportunity currently exists for an experienced Leading Hand to join the Service Team based at our busy Smeaton Grange branch in NSW.
To be successful in this role you will need to have some work experience managing a moderately busy switchboard and be well presented with exceptional communication skills. A driver’s license would be an advantage for this role.
To be successful, you will need to be able to demonstrate advanced customer service and communication skills as you will be responsible for customer liaison and the management of a small team of technicians and apprentices in all areas of service work both on retail and new delivery in the workshop.
You will need to have an appropriate trade qualification and have experience in construction / earthmoving equipment. Volvo Construction Equipment experience would be an advantage. Strong leadership skills coupled with previous supervisory/2IC experience is required for this role.
Ideally, you will also have:
- a commitment to abide by all company and client HSE policies and procedures
- ability to investigate and problem solve a wide range of issues especially in hydraulics and diagnostics
- the proven ability to mentor and train by leading by example
- excellent computer skills both with standard PC programs and equipment diagnostic programs;
- an ability to work as part of a team
- a high level of planning, time management, and self-motivation
- a good level of understanding of Microsoft programs and general computer skills
If this role matches your skills, experience, and ambition, please submit your resume to email@example.com