National Product Engineering & Training Manager
Due to CJD Equipment’s continued success, growth and expansion plans, we are currently seeking to employ an experienced, passionate, and knowledgeable National Product Engineering & Training Manager to be responsible for developing and maintaining a strong construction equipment product offering (Volvo, SDLG and other) to ensure competitive and profitable market share in CJD Construction product range. This position is based in our National Office in Guildford.
In consultation with the Director of Sales & Marketing, this role is accountable for the development and implementation of Product business development strategies and the coordination of programs and initiatives for the National Product Development Management team, ensuring up-to-date product knowledge and management support is provided to all State Sales Managers, Key Account staff and Regional Sales Teams.
Other Responsibilities & Duties:
- Introduction of new business and product lines to ensure market competitiveness, profitability and budgeted sales volume and margin.
- Assist in developing sales and marketing plans to ensure agreed KPI’s and targets are met.
- Maintain up-to-date market analysis of competitor business in Australia to ensure CJD remains competitive.
- Provide support to Sales Teams and customers in order to maintain strong customer relationships.
- Provide a high level of support and training to internal customers on product knowledge, range and capabilities, including detailed features and benefits of each machine within the range.
- Provide demonstrations of product range and capabilities both internally and externally where required.
- Assist RSMs and BDMs with ensuring accurate collation and preparation of information for quotations.
- Provide aftermarket support and feedback as required to both internal and external customers.
- Support sales and marketing opportunities such as field days, trade functions, presentations, demonstrations etc.
- Assist with the identification and resolution of operational issues related to customer concerns.
- Participate with machine delivery, demonstration and operator training where possible.
- Maintain CRM with updated client details.
- Achieve all KPI’s and budgets as agreed.
- Prepare quarterly reviews of market conditions and reforecast sales and market share if applicable.
- Ensure monthly reporting is completed on time.
The successful candidate will require:
- Extensive sales experience in the heavy-duty construction, agriculture or mining industry.
- A technical or mechanical qualification and background, or formal qualification in Engineering/Marketing or similar.
- A solid understanding of pricing principles and discounting effects.
- A proven track record in customer relations gained in a hands-on operational environment.
- Ability to travel regularly as required.
- Experience (3-6 years) gained in a mid-sized company.
- Experience in working with manufacturers as a dealer representative.
- Current driver’s licence.
This role will present you with the opportunity to challenge your skillset and grow your career. On offer is a full-time permanent position with a competitive remuneration package.
If this role matches your skills, experience and ambition, please submit your expression of interest via email to firstname.lastname@example.org