Parts Manager – Northern Territory
CJD Equipment is seeking an experienced Parts Manager who is keen to take ownership of the day to day operations of our parts interpreters, together with a busy parts retail outlet in Darwin whilst overseeing the whole to the northern territory.
Reporting to the General Manager, you will be tasked with achieving optimum parts sales through the effective use of the company’s assets and human resources.
You will lead the daily operation associated with parts sales, ensuring that all activities contribute to enhancing current business performance through continuous improvement initiatives along with driving long term profitable growth objectives.
This is a strategically focused role that will be involved with business development and planning while continuously overseeing the operational side of this customer support department within the business; you will develop, lead and mentor the parts team through successful sales and business development strategies that you will create and implement. Leading by example as your management style will focus a ‘hands-on’ approach within all areas of the Parts department.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Development of parts related sales opportunities through research and marketing in consultation the General Manager.
- Maintain the parts warehouse and stock levels within agreed guidelines and ensuring that ordering and restocking is in line with CJD and OEM expectations
- Develop and implement work programs and initiatives to facilitate the achievement of profit targets.
- Undertake regular analysis of the strategic plans to achieve budgeted sales levels
- Maintain regular contact with key clients, suppliers, industry and representatives along with other internal stakeholders.
- Lead by example, mentoring and developing your team, communicating job expectations, people management, ensuring employee training is up to date confirming compliance with company policies.
- A clear understanding in OHS legislation, Hazard Id’s, incident reporting and follow up.
- Maintain business forecasting, budgets and reports on all parts operations
- Showroom merchandising display management and retail activity.
- Ability to build relationships with regional and interstate branches.
Due to the technical and operational requirement of this role, we expect that the successful candidate will have a trade-based background or relevant experience within the parts, transport or heavy truck areas.
- Previous Parts management role with approx. 5+ years of direct hands on experience and an operational environment
- Approachable – people developer, mentor, leader
- Proven performance in driving sales growth and profitability
- Exceptional leadership skills pertaining to a operational environment
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills
- An eye for detail and loyalty to continuous improvement
- Current driver’s license and the ability to meet the physical requirements of the position
In return, we can offer the successful applicant a competitive remuneration package, a motor vehicle allowance and KPI bonuses. If this role matches your skills, experience and ambition, please submit your expression of interest via email firstname.lastname@example.org.