Parts Supervisor – Bunbury
An exciting and challenging opportunity has become available for an experienced PARTS SUPERVISOR at our Bunbury branch.
Reporting to the Branch Manager, you will be tasked with achieving optimum parts sales through the effective use of the company’s assets and human resources. You will be heavily involved in the day to day operations of the parts business ensuring that all activities are contributing to growing the business by both improvements of current performance and then drive the long-term profit objectives. This is a strategically focused role that will be involved with business development and business planning while continuously overseeing the operational side of the division; you will develop, lead and mentor a small Parts team through successful sales and business development strategies that you will create and implement.
This position has ownership for achieving parts sales and is critical in building and maintaining strong relationships with current and future clients.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Development of parts related sales opportunities through research and marketing in consultation with the Branch Manager.
- Develop and implement work programs and initiatives to facilitate the achievement of profit targets.
- Undertake regular analysis of the strategic plans to achieve budgeted sales levels.
- Maintain regular contact with key clients, suppliers, industry and government representatives and other internal stakeholders.
- Must be a strong influencer, capable of changing people’s habits, leading by example, mentoring and developing your team, communicating job expectations, counseling, and disciplining employees (when required) and ensuring employee training is up to date confirming compliance with company policies and legislative requirements.
- Maintain business forecasting, budgets, and reports on all parts operations.
- Manage and review operating costs to identify opportunities to minimise expenditure, and improve profitability.
- Have a clear understanding of OHS legislation, Hazard ID’s, incident reporting and follow up
Due to the technical and operational requirements of this role, we expect that the successful candidate will have a trade in or strong mechanical aptitude along with relevant experience within the construction equipment industries. Other key attributes will include:
- Past success in a Parts management role with approx. 2+ years of direct experience in a hands-on operational environment.
- Approachable – people developer
- Proven performance in driving the growth of sales and profit.
- Exceptional leadership skills gained from a medium company within a service and operational environment.
- Strong business and financial acumen and the ability to develop marketing and sales plans.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills.
- An eye for detail and loyalty to continuous improvement.
- Current driver’s license and the ability to meet the physical requirements of the position.
If this role matches your skills, experience, and ambition, please follow the link to apply.