Payroll Officer – CJD Equipment National
We are seeking an experienced Payroll Officer who will be accountable for providing support to the National Payroll Supervisor on a daily basis in all payroll associated activities, including the weekly and monthly pay run. The Payroll Officer will also assist with the coordinate Worker Compensation claims and documentation whilst ensuring all process are adhered too.
- Completion of a variety of payroll functions to ensure accurate and timely employee salary payments e.g. data entry, reporting and maintenance of personnel files
- Provide support to the National Payroll Supervisor to assist them in achieving their accountabilities
- Serving internal and external customers, including answering employee payroll queries in a timely manner
- Coordinating and follow up of employment paperwork for new employees, including induction
- Ensuring filing is maintained, archiving of HR files and HR correspondence is distributed
- Willingness to do the tedious tasks plus the interesting tasks
- Complete month end reporting, payroll related journals and reconciliations
- Support and demonstrate safe work practices at all times
- Payroll experience using SAGE MicroPay or similar payroll system (end to end)
- Qualification in relevant discipline such as Business / Payroll or relevant experience
- Customer service focus and have excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills.
- Understanding or experience in Worker Compensation processes
- Knowledge in interpreting and applying Modern Awards in regard to payroll processing
- High level of confidentiality and discretion when dealing with people and confidential information
- Demonstrated organisational and time management skills.
- Able to work to strict timelines
- Ability to work collaboratively and assist team members
- Advanced computer literacy, must be proficient in Microsoft Office packages
- Accurate numerical and data entry skills
What’s on offer
You’ll be offered a Monday to Friday role working a 38-hour week in our National Office in South Guildford. You will join a close nit team with ongoing training as this is a broad entry level role with the scope to develop and take on more responsibility over a period of time.
How to apply
Please apply via firstname.lastname@example.org and attach you CV / Cover letter.