State Service Manager – CJD Trucks WA
Due to growth and an internal appointment, CJD Equipment is seeking an experienced State Service Manager – Trucks WA who is keen to take ownership of the CJD Trucks Service department whilst contributing as an integral member of CJD Trucks Leadership / Management team.
Responsible for the support of our world class products from Paccar, being the Australian made Kenworth and one of Europe’s leading truck brands, DAF, throughout Western Australia.
This is an extremely varied role that requires an individual who is experienced in managing a busy service team and meeting tight deadlines. The daily duties will see you dealing with Clients (internal & external), Technicians and Admin, including overseeing staff performance, implementing strategic objectives to improve safety, productivity and department efficiency, whilst supporting our WA regional operations.
Whilst overseeing the day to day operations of the service department your responsibilities will also include:
- Driving the ongoing improvement of CJD’s culture in safety, quality and productivity for the Service department;
- Achieve and exceed annual financial operating targets for revenue, gross margin and expenses;
- Monitor and improve key performance measures in labour utilisation, WIP, warrant processes, job processing and invoicing;
- Manage rosters including out of hours calls and schedule technicians
- Provide written monthly report regarding performance results to the General Manager
- Monitor and recruit service staff levels and propose changes in line with agreed budget
- Mentor and train staff and apprentices
Ultimately, you will have a passion for leading and developing people and teams and have a strong focus on clear and effective communication to ensure all strategic goals are achieved.
To be considered for the role you will possess the following;
- Strong automotive technical knowledge or a mechanical trade or automotive background.
- Be able to demonstrate capabilities of efficiently and profitably managing a Service Department preferably within the HV Truck/Construction/Mobile Plant industry
- A high level of computer skills and diagnostic systems
- Exceptional leadership style with a desire to succeed and create a consolidated and positive team environment
- A proven record of success in customer sales, service and branch operations
- Excellent level of communication skill, incorporating written and oral communication, influencing and negotiation skills
- A clear understanding (preferably training) in OHS legislation, Hazard ID’s, incident reporting and follow up
- A desire to work collaboratively within the management team to produce optimum results
- An ability to manage and critically review operating procedures and costs to identify opportunities to minimise expenditure and improve profitability
- Drive and determination to expand our client base and identify new markets for CJD Equipment and their expanding product offering.
This is an excellent opportunity to drive your career further within CJD and reap the rewards of being an integral member of our leadership team. If you are an outstanding leader and can drive change, we would like to hear from you by forwarding your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org