Trades Assistant – Workshop CJD Trucks WA
An exciting opportunity exists at CJD Trucks in Forrestfield as we seek a Trades Assistant to assist trade persons with the day to day workload in the very busy workshop. This is an opportunity to progress towards a mechanical career with a market leader and learn from some of the best HV Mechanics within WA.
Reporting to the Workshop Supervisor your main responsibilities include;
- Assist tradespeople with the scheduling of servicing and mechanical equipment
- Ensure work area is in a clean and safe condition
- Assist with the mechanical repairs of equipment as directed, this includes all record keeping in compliance with procedures
- Maintenance of tooling and equipment within the workshop
- Carry out branch workshop general maintenance and cleaning of the area.
- Ensure that the general appearance of the whole yard and branch grounds are maintained and kept in a clean and tidy state.
- Ensure all workplace activities are conducted in an ethical manner and are consistent with the company’s policies and procedures.
- Embrace a workplace with a culture of zero harm; and
- Be able to pass a pre-employment medical as well as on going drugs & alcohol testing in the workplace.
- A current driver’s licence (preferable)
We are looking for a hardworking, self-motivated, competent and reliable individual who wants to be part of a professional team and work for a growing Company in a modern, clean and well-equipped workshop. Opportunity to move towards a trade apprenticeship may be considered at a later date.
This is a full-time position with great T&C’s to match your skills that you bring to the role. If you would like more information or to apply for the role, submit your resume via email email@example.com.