WAREHOUSE 2IC MANAGER
CJD Trucks, located in Forrestfield, have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Warehouse 2IC Manager to join the team, who is able to mentor and manage our warehouse team to deliver the best possible service, whilst improving our operations in order to maximize safety and support in building sales margins.
You will supervise the day-to-day activities involved with the supply of Spare Parts and materials from the warehouse to both internal and external customers. Reporting to the Warehouse Manager, this is a great opportunity suited to a hands-on leader focused on ensuring safe and efficient operations.
Day to Day responsibilities:
- Supervising, mentoring and leading the Warehouse team on the safe operations and productivity of the warehouse
- Lead, mentor and develop your team to promote continuous improvement activities in line with our core values
- Clear and constant communication with the warehouse team on a regular basis regarding any specific client order requirements
- Arrange and approve any warehouse team members over-time, leave, timesheets etc.
- Conduct stock cycle counting and full stock takes
- Co-ordinate stock movements and liaise between suppliers and customers
- Issuing stock to work orders and maintaining stock to the optimum level
- Maximise warehouse storage capacity by properly organizing pallet locations and floor space
- Provide monthly data as requested
- From time to time be hands on with respect to put-aways and picks as needed
- Communicate and solve problems that arise in the warehouse
- Purchasing, receiving and dispatching parts, orders and enquires
Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge of warehouse and distribution operations, including receiving, storage, order fulfilment, shipping, and inventory control practices
- A background in managing warehouse teams and warehouse operations
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results – self-starter, self-directed, team player
- Good computer skills, be adaptable, committed to “zero harm” and reliable
- Current forklift licence is essential
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects to prioritise and plan under tight deadlines
We are seeking a team-oriented, innovative and naturally engaging person who will uphold our values of safety and service. You’ll be joining a team who are all hands-on and ready to take our business to the next level.
What’s in it for you?
- Pay: Competitive hourly rate + penalties
- Perks: Discounts with National brands, regular team BBQs and social events, active social club
- Hours: Monday to Friday role + occasional Saturday morning work
- Looking smart: Sharp uniforms and workwear, and all the PPE you need.
- Career: Training, career development, growth and real advancement opportunities.
- Culture: Exceptional culture and a great crew, the type you could have a beer with after knock off.
- Stability: Over 18% of our current employees have achieved over 10 years’ service. We’re an employer for the long-term.
- Referral program: Generous referral payments if you get your mates a job with the CJD family.
If this role sounds like a fit for you, please apply through the following link: WAREHOUSE 2IC MANAGER Job in Forrestfield, Perth WA – SEEK