Warehouse Manager / Supervisor – Forrestfield WA
An exciting opportunity is now available for an experienced Warehouse Manager / Supervisor who has the ability to mentor and manage our warehouse team to deliver the best possible service whilst improving our warehouse operations in order to maximise safety and sales margins.
Using your experience, you’ll direct and develop our warehouse team, reviewing and updating processes, taking our operations to the next level.
You will supervise the day-to-day activities involved with the supply of Spare Parts and materials from the warehouse to both internal and external customers. Reporting directly to the State Parts Manager this is a great opportunity suited to a hands-on leader focused on ensuring safe and efficient operations.
Day to Day responsibilities
- Supervising, mentoring and leading the Warehouse team on the safe operations and productivity of the warehouse
- Lead, mentor and develop your team to promote continuous improvement activities in line with our core values
- Clear and constant communication with the warehouse team on a regular basis regarding any specific client order requirements
- Arrange and approve any warehouse team members over-time, leave, timesheets etc.
- Conduct stock cycle counting and full stock takes
- Co-ordinate stock movements and liaise between suppliers and customers
- Issuing stock to work orders and maintaining stock to the optimum level
- Maximise warehouse storage capacity by properly organizing pallet locations and floor space
- Provide monthly data as requested
- From time to time be hands on with respect to put-aways and picks as needed
- Communicate and solve problems that arise in the warehouse
- Purchasing, receiving and dispatching parts, orders and enquires
Skills and Experience
- Knowledge of warehouse and distribution operations, including receiving, storage, order fulfillment, shipping and inventory control practices
- A background in managing warehouse teams and warehouse operations
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
- Very good verbal and written communication skill
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results – self-starter, self-directed, team player
- Good computer skills, be adaptable, committed to “zero harm” and reliable
- Current forklift license is essential
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects to prioritise and plan under tight deadlines
We’re seeking a team oriented, innovative and naturally engaging person who will uphold our values on safety and service. You’ll be joining a team who are all hands-on and ready to take our business to the next level.
If you’re up for the challenge and ready to bring your best, apply to join our dedicated team, forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org