Workshop Auto Electrician – Sydney NSW
CJD Equipment are seeking an experienced Auto Electrician to join our friendly professional team in Smeaton Grange NSW.
An opportunity exists for an experienced and qualified Auto Electrician to join the workshop team based at our busy Sydney branch in Smeaton Grange – NSW.
Reporting to the Workshop Supervisor, this busy role requires you to work as part of a dedicated team, undertaking a wide variety of auto electrical tasks. As the sole auto electrician within the workshop team you will be responsible for inspections, repairs and maintenance of the auto electrical aspects of plant machinery and equipment. Candidates must be self-motivating and enjoy working in a busy team environment.
There is opportunity to earn penalty rates for working overtime, on-call and Saturday shifts, as required. Other duties include, but not limited to as follows;
- Time spent in the workshop repairing electrical systems on plant equipment
- Diagnosing electrical faults in sensors and circuits on heavy equipment
- Repairing Air conditioning units in machinery
- Knowledge and experience of the electrical components controlling hydraulics on heavy equipment
- Assist with other workshop duties, including servicing, when time permits.
Qualifications, Qualities and Experience;
- Trade qualification in Auto Electrical
- A/C Refrigerant licence (Cert II in Automotive Air Conditioning)
- Previous experience on Volvo equipment is an advantage
- Outstanding troubleshooting / diagnostic skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and good understanding of computer systems
- Excellent presentation with a professional and friendly disposition
- High levels of initiative and the ability to work well under pressure
- A demonstrated commitment to safety with the ability to work unsupervised
- Current Drivers licence including HR endorsement (not essential)
- Current forklift ticket highly desirable
In return, we will provide ongoing training, excellent working conditions and a competitive remuneration package with career opportunities to continue your development. Applicants must have a strong customer satisfaction focus and a desire to provide premium levels of service and support.
If this role matches your skills, experience and ambition, please click here to submit your expression of interest .