Workshop Leading Hand – Brisbane QLD
CJD Equipment is seeking to employ an experienced Workshop Leading Hand to join our Brisbane team. Working with internationally known and respected equipment, this role is pivotal in ensuring service to our new and existing clients continues to improve and develop.
A key requirement of this busy workshop is maintaining exceptional standards of safety, quality and customer service at all times. Your mechanical expertise will help you understand customer requirements when it comes to the diagnosing, servicing and repairing of equipment to ensure customer expectations are met. Strong leadership and exceptional people management skills including assisting and supporting your team in solving technical and operational problems.
Key roles and responsibilities include:
- Ensure all parts and materials required to perform assigned services are pre-ordered whenever possible
- Ensure that all services are completed to a high quality in a professional and timely manner
- Ensure work areas are maintained in a clean and safe condition
- Oversee the carrying out of diagnosis and troubleshooting procedures relating to mechanical failure in a professional and timely manner
- Plan methods and sequences of performing machine build
- Ensure all records kept are legible and in compliance with established procedures
- Ensure all employees submit record keeping and job-related documentation daily
- Ensure all parts and materials not used are returned as per established procedures
- All communication with customers is conducted in a manner reflecting respect and honesty
- Ensure all specialty tools used are obtained from and returned to the tool store
- Ensure all specialty tools used are returned to the tool store in working condition
- Ensure damaged tools are tagged and the service supervisor is advised
- Maintain personal appearance in a professional and neat condition
To be successful in this role, you must have/ display:
- An appropriate trade qualification
- A proven track record in a similar role or environment
- Computer literate
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- A team player with the ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to maintain a high standard of professionalism to both internal and external customers
- Current motor vehicle licence
- Ability to meet the physical requirements of the position
- Air Conditioning licence (desirable)
In return, we can offer the successful applicant a competitive remuneration package working for a company that is continually growing and offering exciting career advancement opportunities to its employees.
Previous experience working on Volvo construction equipment and possession of a current MR truck license would be an advantage but is not essential.
Interested applicants are invited to submit their resume by using the link below via email to email@example.com.