Workshop Mechanic – Brisbane QLD
An opportunity exists for a Workshop Mechanic to join our Brisbane team. You will report directly to the Workshop Supervisor and will be accountable for efficiently and effectively carrying out scheduled maintenance and mechanical repairs as required. This role will provide you with a great opportunity to build and develop your experience and skill set while you work alongside experienced mechanics servicing the famous Volvo CE and SDLG brands.
- Ensure all parts and materials required to perform assigned services are pre-ordered
- Ensure that all services are completed to a high quality in a professional and timely manner
- Oversee the carrying out of diagnosis and troubleshooting procedures relating to mechanical faults
- Ensure all work areas are maintained in a clean and safe condition
- Plan methods and sequences of performing machine builds
- Ensure all records kept are legible and in compliance with established procedures
- Submit all record keeping and job-related documents daily
- Return all unused parts and materials daily
Skills & Experience
- Completion of your Trade qualifications as a Diesel/ Plant Mechanic
- Experience in construction / earth moving equipment
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Experience servicing and repairing Volvo CE and SDLG product (desirable)
- Experience troubleshooting electronic, engine, hydraulic and transmission systems
- Team player who enjoys being part of a supportive team
- MR / HR licence
- Air Conditioning Refrigerant handling licence (desirable)
- An understanding of time management with the desire to get the job done right the first time and on time
- Safety-first attitude
Previous experience working on Volvo Construction equipment would be an advantage, but not essential.
On offer is a stable work environment, penalty rates, full-time employment, ongoing product training throughout career and an opportunity to progress through the company.
We look forward to receiving your resume via email firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications close on 31 May 2021.