Workshop Mechanic – Newcastle NSW
We are seeking an experienced Workshop Mechanic to become part of our Service team in our Thornton Branch. Great Team, loads of opportunities.
An opportunity currently exists for an experienced Workshop Mechanic to join our Newcastle team. Working with internationally known and respected equipment, your mechanical expertise will help you understand customer requirements when it comes to the diagnosing, servicing and repairing of machines to ensure customer expectations are met.
To be successful in this role, you will have appropriate trade qualifications and will also be able to demonstrate:
- safe work practices as a priority within the workplace;
- excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- a high level of self-motivation and ability to work without direct supervision;
- ability to investigate and problem solve a wide range of issues especially in hydraulics and diagnostics;
- excellent computer skills both with standard PC programs and equipment diagnostic programs; and
- an ability to work outside normal working hours and travel to site as required.
In return, we can offer the successful applicant a competitive remuneration package working for a company that is continually growing and offering exciting career advancement opportunities to its employees.
Previous experience working on Volvo construction equipment and possession of a current MR truck license would be an advantage, but is not essential.
If this role matches your skills, experience and ambition, please click here to submit your resume.