Workshop Supervisor – Forrestfield WA
An opportunity currently exists for an experienced Workshop Supervisor to join the CJD Truck team. Working with internationally known and respected equipment, this role is pivotal in ensuring service to our new and existing clients continues to improve and develop.
A key requirement of managing this busy workshop is maintaining exceptional standards of safety, quality and customer service at all times. Your mechanical expertise will help you understand customer requirements when it comes to the diagnosing, servicing and repairing of heavy vehicles to ensure customer expectations are met. Strong leadership and exceptional people management skills including assisting and supporting your team in solving technical and operational problems.
- Ensure all service activities within the workshop contribute to the achievement of short & long-term profit objectives
- Assist in the coordination and completion of warranty and retail service invoicing activities
- Continually review workshop operating costs and identify opportunities to minimise expenditure, improve profitability and efficiency of operations
- Accomplish staff results by communicating job expectations, planning, monitoring and appraising job results, coaching, counselling and disciplining staff, initiating, coordinating and enforcing systems, policies and procedures
- In consultation with the Service Manager oversee the carrying out of new and used truck preparation in accordance with the CO or sales request
- Ensure all parts and materials required to perform assigned repairs are pre-ordered whenever possible and that all repairs are completed in a professional and timely manner
- Ensure all work areas are maintained in a clean and safe condition
- Provide hands-on training opportunities through practical demonstration and explanation
- Provide support to the Service Manager in the Performance management of workshop team members to ensure the full potential of each workshop employee is achieved
- Promote a culture of team collaboration in line with CJD Equipment’s core values
Qualifications and Skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A high level of self-motivation and ability to work without direct supervision
- Excellent computer skills both with standard PC programs and equipment diagnostic programs
- An ability to work outside normal working hours
- Qualified and experienced Heavy Vehicle Mechanic
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Excellent understand and knowledge of OH&S in busy mechanical workshop
In return, we can offer the successful applicant a competitive remuneration package working for a company that is continually growing and offering exciting career advancement opportunities to its employees. Previous experience working on Kenworth Trucks and possession of a current HR truck license would be an advantage but is not essential.
If this role matches your skills, experience and ambition, please submit your expression of interest via email email@example.com.