Workshop Supervisor – Hobart TASMANIA
CJD Equipment, Hobart have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Workshop Supervisor. Working with internationally known and respected equipment, this role is pivotal in ensuring service to our new and existing clients continues to improve and develop, whilst also allowing you to continue and develop.
A key requirement of managing this busy workshop is maintaining exceptional standards of safety, quality and customer service at all times. Your mechanical expertise will help you understand customer requirements when it comes to the diagnosing, servicing and repairing of trucks and machinery to ensure customer expectations are met. Strong leadership and effective people management skills are important requirements of this role.
Main duties include –
- Leading, assisting and supporting your team in diagnosing, servicing, and repairing equipment
- Providing solutions for technical and operational problems
- Managing the scheduling of the workshop commitments, ensuring service reports and supporting paperwork is submitted in an accurate and timely manner
- Actively promoting the workshop with the aim of increasing business and customer satisfaction
Requirements are –
- Experience as a Workshop Supervisor (or similar role)
- Ability to be hands-on, proactive and lead effectively in a team environment
- Effective time management and attention to detail with a strong planning and cost control focus
- Effective communication skills
- You must be able to work under pressure at times with a view to meeting deadlines
- Computer literate
- An ability to work outside normal working hours
- Qualified and experienced Heavy Vehicle Mechanic
- Good understanding and knowledge of Health & Safety in a busy mechanical workshop
- Previous experience working on heavy trucks and construction equipment and possession of a current HR truck licence would be an advantage (But not essential)
In return, we can offer the successful applicant a competitive remuneration package working for a company that is continually growing and offering exciting career advancement opportunities to its employees.
If this sounds like your next opportunity, please forward your resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org