Workshop Supervisor – Hobart TAS
CJD Equipment are seeking an experienced Workshop Supervisor to join our busy professional team in Hobart TAS.
An opportunity currently exists for an experienced Workshop Supervisor to join our TAS team. Working with internationally known and respected equipment, this role is pivotal in ensuring service to our new and existing clients continues to improve and develop.
A key requirement of managing this busy workshop is maintaining exceptional standards of safety, quality and customer service at all times. Your mechanical expertise will help you understand customer requirements when it comes to the diagnosing, servicing and repairing of machines to ensure customer expectations are met. Strong leadership and exceptional people management skills including assisting and supporting your team in solving technical and operational problems.
To be successful in this role, you will have appropriate trade qualifications and your main duties / requirements for this role are;
- Experience as a Workshop Supervisor or in a similar role
- Lead a workshop with a safety first attitude
- You will be required to be a hands on, proactive and experienced individual who has the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to manage the scheduling of the workshop commitments, ensure Service Reports and supporting paperwork is submitted in an accurate and timely manner.
- Actively promote the workshop with the aim of increasing business and the number of customers.
- Effective time management and attention to detail with a strong planning and cost control focus.
- Demonstrated leadership experience with people management skills
- Effective communication skills, as you will be the face of the service business delaying with customers, your staff and internal stakeholders.
- You must be able to work under pressure at times with a view to meeting deadlines.
- Computer literate.
- An ability to work outside normal working hours
- Qualified and experience – Heavy Vehicle Mechanic
- Excellent understand and knowledge of OH&S in busy mechanical workshop
In return, we can offer the successful applicant a competitive remuneration package working for a company that is continually growing and offering exciting career advancement opportunities to its employees.
Previous experience working on Kenworth Trucks and possession of a current HR truck license would be an advantage, but is not essential.
If this role matches your skills, experience and ambition, please click here.