Kenworth’s debut of the Legend 900, second in the Legend Series of trucks, came after much speculation that the brand would introduce another historic model. Modern technology and a uniquely Kenworth heritage feel is sure to impress.
The Legend Series’ innovation continues in the new models with a combination of the latest technology for safer, cleaner and more productive operation. Iconic design features will pave the path for timeless memories to live on.
Brad May, Director Sales and Marketing at PACCAR Australia said, “not only does the Legend 900 symbolise the Kenworth spirit, it celebrates the long history of manufacturing in Australia and some of the legends that have been along for the ride.
The owners, drivers, dealers, suppliers and many others have been key to making the Australian-made Kenworths a part of the Australian road transport family. This truck represents our heritage as well as all those who have been a part of this journey.
One of these people is Allan “Steady” Stead, one of Kenworth’s longest-serving employees who dedicated his working life to improving the product for customers all around Australia. As a tribute to him, the first Legend 900 has been named “Steady” in his honour.
With a uniquely Kenworth heritage feel and limited edition features, the Legend 900 is in keeping with the original T900. Many of the limited edition features have been specifically manufactured and in some cases handmade to recreate this unique truck.
These features include:
- The last of the flat screen B series cabs providing extra head room and seat travel, in other words, a greater level of comfort than the original T900.
- Traditional doors and door handles complete with airlift windows.
- 36-inch and 50-inch cabs are available in both an Aero 1 and flat roof design. A dovetail air deflector atop the sleeper is included with the aero.
- Two piece (split) windscreen with chrome trim and topped off with a two piece stainless sun visor, bullet style cab marker lights and dual round air horns.
- The hood is adorned with heritage Kenworth and Cummins badges with the traditional italic Kenworth bug sitting proudly above the grille fitted with 7 vertical grille bars.
- Side-mounted exhausts include a wraparound cover, just like the old T900s, with exposed chrome elbows and 7-inch curved pipes to give the truck a commanding presence.
- The interior of the Legend 900 is befitting of a VIP experience, featuring diamond pleat trim with ‘Legend 900’ embossed into the rear wall and door trims and a wooden plaque on the glove box lid to identify the unique build number of each truck.
- Stainless scuff plates adorned with the Legend 900 logo on door openings.
- The traditional Kenworth bug and Legend 900 logo are embroidered into the leather seats for that extra touch.
- The gear lever of the manual transmission is topped with a handmade wooden gear knob featuring the original Eaton Fuller logo and a stainless steel Legend 900 surround is fitted around the sock.
- A traditional flat dash layout houses a full suite of handmade heritage style chrome-bezeled and white-faced gauges, featuring the traditional Kenworth bug, toggle switches with backlit graphics and a 4 spoke leather steering wheel.
- On the body of the truck, traditional extruded aluminium tank steps run alongside round fuel tanks, stainless rear guards and taillight bars are standard, as are black rubber mudflaps adorned with the traditional Kenworth bug.
- Under the hood is a Cummins X15 engine specially painted in red and black to commemorate the Cummins N14 engine that was fitted to many of the original T900s.
- Filtration is taken care of via a pair of 16-inch Cyclopacs fitted with matching size stainless caps and chrome bowls.
Kenworth Trucks Australia and DAF Trucks Australia are divisions of PACCAR Australia, a subsidiary of PACCAR Inc, a Six Sigma company. PACCAR is a global technology leader in the design, manufacture and customer support of high-quality light, medium, and heavy-duty trucks under the Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF brands. PACCAR also designs and manufactures advanced diesel engines, provides financial services and information technology, and distributes truck parts related to its principal business.
For further information:
Tel: 0438 994 595