Branch Manager – Port Hedland WA
We are seeking a customer driven leader with proven business management experience who is willing to be hands-on when required.
About the Employer
Founded in 1974, CJD Equipment is a privately owned Australian company. Our core business involves the National distribution of construction equipment and trucks. Our network of dealers and service centres stretches across the nation, from Australian capital cities to regional country towns and mining centres. In WA, the CJD product portfolio consists of world-class brands such as Volvo Construction Equipment, SDLG Construction Equipment, Kenworth & DAF Trucks.
About the role
You will have day to day responsibility for all aspects of the Port Hedland branch including, Parts Department, Service Department, Admin, Safety, People and Culture. This busy role is pivotal to building successful business relationships with new clients, whilst ensuring relationships and service to our existing clients continues to improve and develop.
The person we seek
We need a customer driven leader with proven business management experience, preferably from an automotive, transport or heavy machinery background. A leader who is focused on service and relationship building (customers, staff, suppliers), who is willing to be ‘hands-on’ when required.
Specific areas of responsibility include:
- Achieve sales and profit targets as set by the company
- Build strong and meaningful working relationships with suppliers, customers and work colleagues
- Set clear business direction and ensure all staff clearly understand and buy-in to that vision
- Lead, train, coach, and monitor staff to allow them to deliver the best outcomes for them and the business
- Deliver accurate and timely reports to the Regional Operations Manager
- Drive and determination to expand our client base and identify new markets for CJD Equipment and their expanding product offering
- Ensure effective health, safety, risk and compliance guidelines are in place and followed
The person must have:
- Proven Parts & Service business management background with sound commercial acumen
- Demonstrated leadership skills and people management ability
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to build strong relationships with people in all levels of business
- Experienced trade qualified Heavy Diesel Fitter / Mechanic (Australian recognised) or equivalent
- Excellent time management, organisation and problem-solving skills, a sense of urgency
- A high level of computer literacy
What’s on offer?
- Attractive salary package including vehicle
- Generous KPI incentives
- Relocation assistance available
How to apply
Please apply via the SEEK system by clicking here and attach you CV / Cover letter.
If you require further information, please call Brad Fowler on 08 9478 0002 for a confidential chat.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: FRIDAY 10th JULY 2020