Truck Mechanics – Isuzu and Kenworth – Darwin
CJD is growing in size! We’re expanding our Darwin branch by becoming the dealership for the well known ISUZU range of truck and exciting opportunities are now available for experienced and talented Medium – Heavy Vehicle Truck Technicians to join our team based in the Darwin branch.
To be successful, you will need to be able to demonstrate advanced diagnostic, technical and communication skills as you will be responsible for dealing directly with customers and performing the required work in the workshop. You will need to have appropriate trade qualifications and experience in LD, MD and HD trucks with a preference for ISUZU & Kenworth.
Accountabilities – Our technicians are:
- Accountable for diagnosing and carrying out mechanical repairs as required. The Workshop Technician is also accountable for carrying our pre-delivery work as directed by their immediate supervisor.
- Accountable for the maintenance of tooling an equipment which is provided by the company for the purpose of carrying out their work functions.
- Responsible for ensuring that all the activities they undertake are conducted in a legal and ethical manner, and is consistent with the company’s Policies and Procedures Manual
- Responsible for ensuring the highest practicable standards in health and safety in the workplace.
- Will take an active role in safety and the control of risks, dissemination of information. This includes the regular monitoring of hazards and workplace conditions in line with company policy.
- Will ensure that they operate vehicles and equipment in a manner that ensure environmental requirements are met or exceeded.
Qualifications, Qualities, and Experience
- Trade qualifications suitable to the industry in which the company operates
- Experience with ISUZU product range
- LD, MD or HD truck experience
- Proven track record in a similar role or environment
- Computer literate. Good communication skills both verbal and written
- Excellent presentation with a professional and friendly disposition
- A team player with the ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to maintain a high standard of professionalism to both internal and external customers
- Current NT Driver’s License – HR preferred (but not essential)
- Fork Lift License
Applicants must have a strong customer satisfaction focus and a desire to provide premium levels of service and support.
A competitive remuneration will be discussed on application with recognition of prior experience considered.
If this role matches your skills, experience, and ambition, please click here to apply.